Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package
Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package
$283.00 / month
Do you dream of making a living with a product- or service-based herbal business? If that’s your wish, then chances are that one of the things standing in your way is a lack of clear, helpful information.
It’s intimidating to detangle the rules and regulations surrounding an herbal business (we know, we’ve been there!), not to mention trying to figure out all the nitty-gritty details yourself, like sourcing ingredients, manufacturing, labeling and branding, marketing, sales, shipping, insurance, accounting, and more. We remember what it was like to be in your shoes, and we’ve created the course we wish we had back in our early days!
This robust Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package is best-suited for beginning to intermediate herbalists who want to build their herbal knowledge on a wide variety of topics, explore and develop their particular areas of interest, and learn how to start a successful herbal business. We’ve bundled together our Introductory Herbal Course, Intermediate Herbal Course, and Business Herbal Course as a special savings opportunity for the enthusiastic budding herbalist with their heart set on launching their dream herbal business. All of our courses are self-paced, allowing you to study whenever is most convenient for your schedule.
Further your herbal calling with the ambitious Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package!
Valued at $1,693.00!
ENROLLMENT CLOSES SOON - SIGN UP BY SEPTEMBER 18TH:
Join Our Waitlist
This course offering is currently on a registration freeze, but it will be back soon! Please add your email to the waitlist below if you would like updates regarding its return.
Do you dream of whipping up herbal recipes to share with your community, from tinctures and salves to lotions, soaps, teas, and more? Or perhaps you’ve always wanted to open an herb shop, be an herb farmer, start an herbal apprenticeship program, or become an herbal writer.
Herbalism is more than a hobby for you, it’s a calling.
Perhaps your recipes, botanical products, and herbal wisdom are already a hit with your friends and family, and you know the rest of the world would love them too, if only they knew about them! Or maybe you’re brand new to herbalism, but your instincts tell you that herbalism is your path. You’re enchanted by the plants and what they have to offer, and you feel deeply pulled to start sharing that beauty with the world.
Regardless of where you are on your herbal journey, students in our Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package are ready to put in the work. They’re ambitious, driven, and inspired, and they know that with time, practice, and the right guidance they will succeed. Does this sound like you?
If so, then the Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package offers the in-depth information and resources you need to start making your herbal business dreams a reality. This robust package will save you days (if not weeks and months!) of piecing together information from dozens of different regulatory and small business websites. Different from any other online business course, this herb-focused training path includes foundational training in herbalism, core entrepreneurial topics as well as FDA compliance considerations and best manufacturing practices that are specific to the herbal products industry, and inspiring examples and helpful tips straight from the mouths of thriving herbal business owners.
Sign up for the discounted Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package using our pay-in-full option or choosing our 6-month payment plan!
THE ENTREPRENEUR HERBALIST PATH PACKAGE BUNDLES TOGETHER THREE IN-DEPTH COURSES FOR SPECIAL SAVINGS:
Ready to get started in the wild and wonderful world of herbalism? Build a strong foundation and learn the basics of herbalism with our classic beginner’s herbalism class, the Introductory Herbal Course. This beloved online course for beginning herbalists features 34 content-rich written lessons supplemented with nearly 80 recipes along with quizzes, handouts, charts, beautiful illustrations and photographs, professional videos, an exclusive students-only community, access to herbal teachers, and all the other amenities of a modern online classroom.
INTRODUCTORY HERBAL COURSE OVERVIEW
- Introduction to the herbal approach and world healing traditions
- Sourcing and storing high-quality herbs
- Step-by-step instructions for making teas, tinctures, syrups, salves, infused oils, vinegars, and other time-tested herbal preparations
- Herbal actions and terms: from “adaptogen” to “tonic” and everything in between
- An introduction to basic human anatomy
- Herbs for children, including safety and dosage
- Introduction to herb gardening, foraging, and plant identification
- Herbal support for immunity, stress, sleep, reproductive health, natural skincare
- And more!
Because you have already laid the groundwork for your herbal studies, the Intermediate Herbal Course will take you beyond the basics with an additional 59 in-depth written lessons, 175+ recipes, 150 plant monographs, and numerous handouts, charts, videos, quizzes, and exercises to further your herbal studies.
INTERMEDIATE HERBAL COURSE OVERVIEW
- Herbal first-aid: Bites, stings, burns, rashes, wounds, and more
- What is an herbal action? Decoding labels like “expectorant” or “sedative”
- Introduction to energetics: dry, warm, moist, and cool
- Food as the foundation of wellness: kitchen spices, pantry potions, and more
- How to formulate your own multi-herb recipes
- Side effects and safety considerations
- In-depth units with anatomy, plant profiles, charts, and dozens of recipes specifically related to:
- The digestive system
- The immune system
- The nervous system
- The cardiovascular system
- The liver
- The respiratory system
- The urinary system
- Herbs for Children
Now that you have a robust understanding of herbalism, you’ve spent time whipping up recipes and studying the plants you’ll be working with, and you feel ready with knowledge and ideas to take the next step, it’s time to dive into the nitty-gritty details of starting and running a small herbal business. From rules and regulations to branding, marketing, insurance, and labeling, we’ve got you covered with a robust exploration of everything you’ll need to know to get your own herbal business up off the ground—and to help it thrive for years to come!
BUSINESS HERBAL COURSE OVERVIEW
- Dozens of stories for success, featuring interviews with thriving herbal entrepreneurs including Jovial King of Urban Moonshine, Shawn Donnille of Mountain Rose Herbs, Colleen Codekas of Grow Forage Cook Ferment, our own Marlene Adelmann, Founder of the Herbal Academy, and many, many more!
- Defining your path as an herbal entrepreneur, with helpful information for product makers, service providers, and clinicians
- Building a foundational vision for your business
- Creating a business plan and mission statement
- Overview of plant identification and chemistry
- Sustainably sourcing, growing, and wildcrafting herbs and ingredients for product manufacturing
- Understanding multi-herb formulations and product development
- Incorporating essential oils into herbal products safely and effectively
- Decoding natural preservatives and expected product shelf life
- Making herbal products for market, from salves and lotions to honeys, syrups, tinctures, and more
- Complying with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) for dietary supplements
- Legal requirements for labeling, plus tips for packaging and naming your products
- Determining the best price for your products or services
- Creating a brand, from colors to fonts, logos, and product names
- Tackling insurance, accounting, invoicing, and shipping
- Marketing your herbal business, from your website to social media, newsletters, and more
- Legal considerations for herbal practitioners
- Books, references, and networking tips for herbal entrepreneurs… and more!
Save by bundling these three courses together via the Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of certificate will I receive and will I be a certified herbalist?
Upon completion of any of our foundational courses, you’ll receive a certificate of completion suitable for framing that states you’ve completed the course under the direction of the Herbal Academy. You will receive a certificate after successfully completing each individual course.
Note that because the field of herbalism is not officially regulated by any specific set of standards or governing body in the United States, certification is a tricky subject. While one can study in herbalism courses for a certificate of completion, one cannot become a “certified herbalist.” We discuss this topic a bit in this article, which you may find helpful: https://theherbalacademy.com/can-you-really-become-a-certified-herbalist/
The practice of herbalism is protected by the first amendment right to free speech. An herbalist cannot treat, cure, diagnose, prescribe, or see patients, instead, they can educate clients about dietary and lifestyle habits and make suggestions for herbs that will help balance the body and support wellness.
How long will it take me to complete this course package?
All of our online herbalism courses are self paced, which gives you the flexibility to study whenever your schedule allows. Everyone studies at a different rate, but we have found that the average completion time is approximately 95 hours for the Introductory Herbal Course, 175 hours for the Intermediate Herbal Course, and 150 hours for the Business Herbal Course, which is a combined 420 hours for the Entrepreneur Herbalist Path package. Because our courses are self-paced, there are no live lectures to attend and students have access to their courses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What materials will I need?
You will need an internet connection to access course materials along with a computer, tablet, or smartphone. You will also want to have a writing utensil and notebook to keep notes (our Materia Medica Journal is a great resource for this!). You may like to purchase herbs, oils, butters, waxes, and containers for any of the recipes that you choose to make. All three of these individual courses come with discounts to a variety of online herb suppliers to help make your studies more affordable!
Do I need to purchase textbooks for this package?
Textbooks are an optional add-on for students who also want the course material in book form. You can purchase the Introductory Herbal Course Textbook Set and Intermediate Herbal Course Textbook Set separately via our Goods Shop. (We do not offer textbooks for the Business Herbal Course at this time.) After you register, log in to your student account to receive significant student savings on textbook upgrades. Students enrolled in the Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package receive $98 off the price of the Introductory Herbal Course Textbook Set and $248 off the price of the Intermediate Herbal Course Textbook Set.
When can I get started?
After you purchase the package, it will be available via your Student Dashboard immediately. Simply click the “start course” button for a given course to begin your studies!
How long will I have access to the course materials?
We have found that adding an expiration date to online course access helps students stay dedicated to and focused on their studies. Much like a typical college semester, this helps set expectations and allows our teachers and staff to support and meet the needs of our students through the course forum, phone calls, and emails.
- The Introductory Herbal Course expires 1 year after you press the “start” button in your student dashboard.
- The Intermediate Herbal Course expires 2 years after you press the “start” button in your student dashboard.
- The Business Herbal Course expires 2 years after you press the “start” button in your student dashboard.
You will have the option to purchase a 6-month extension plan if needed for each separate course, and you can download all course materials as PDFs for future reference.
Does this package include video content?
Yes! Our courses have videos sprinkled throughout to help supplement the written material. However, videos are not the primary medium through which our courses are taught. The Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package features up to 22 hours of video content altogether, and each video comes with a video transcript.
Can I take this course if I don’t live in the United States?
Our classroom is truly a global classroom. We are honored to have students joining us in class from around the world. Herbal Academy courses offer a wide range of information about plants, and much of the information will be applicable outside of the United States.
Is this course available in any other languages?
No. At this time, our courses are only available in English.
Still have questions? Check out our in-depth FAQ page or our Right Fit Assessment Guide for more details!
Testimonials from Class
Ready to get started in the Entrepreneur Herbalist Path Package?
Sign up at the top of this page!
At Once, 6 months installment