Write For Us
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Herbal Academy Blog.
The Herbal Academy is always searching for fresh voices from the herbal community to share their wisdom and experience on our website. If you would like to become a regular contributor to our blog, we’d love to hear from you!
Below you will find information on our editorial process as well as more detailed information on our contributor and editorial guidelines.
OUR EDITORIAL PROCESS
We like to be prepared well ahead of time when it comes to the content our team produces for the Herbal Academy blog. This way, we produce consistent, high-quality content without the stress of tight submission deadlines.
Our content calendar is cyclical as we strive to produce content that is applicable during the current season of the year.
All contributors are encouraged to submit their own article ideas based on what they are interested in, passionate about, and feel confident in writing. Blog post topic suggestions can be provided if needed.
All content is planned out and scheduled on our blog months in advance so you have plenty of time to write your article before it’s due for submission.
- Contributors must be willing to sign an Herbal Academy Writing Contract and submit a W9 (US citizens only).
- Contributors must be willing to meet deadlines and participate in the revision process with our editors.
- Potential writers must have expertise/training in herbalism and/or the topics they would like to write about.
- All contributors will be compensated for their articles (rate to be determined based on experience and quality of writing).
- All contributors will be able to include a photo and brief byline at the end of each of their posts with a link to their website and/or blog to help increase visits to their sites or to show their expertise on any given subject.
- All recurring contributors will be featured on the Academy’s Team Page: https://theherbalacademy.com/team/
- Contributors’ personal blog posts will occasionally be included in HA round-up and list posts. These posts will then be shared across HA social media platforms throughout the month.
- All blog posts written for HA are shared repeatedly on HA social media platforms which increase visibility for writers and their blogs.
- Contributors are free to include links to their blogs or products as long as they are relevant to the post and not overly promotional. Affiliate links are not allowed and will be removed.
We have created a document that will help you write articles for the Herbal Academy blog. In this document, we share our vision for our content as well as our editorial guidelines that we require you to follow.
While reviewing these guidelines, please keep in mind that the Herbal Academy’s mission is to teach the art and science of herbalism in a way that deeply honors our intrinsic connection to nature. We celebrate the heartfelt and community-centered spirit of herbalism and treasure sustainability and stewardship. These, above all, are our guiding principles. So, too, is our commitment to provide a path for herbal students and support our readers all along their way.
Please don’t think that blogging for the Herbal Academy is a super strict or difficult process. It is not, and we can be flexible! These guidelines are just a necessity.
Click here to view and download our contributor and editorial guidelines and review them before submitting your first article.
WANT TO WRITE FOR THE HERBAL ACADEMY?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this information.
If you are interested in writing for us:
- Please submit your resume and links to three original articles to our blog coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: HERBAL ACADEMY BLOG ARTICLE SUBMISSION. Files should be sent as a Word document or a Google document.
Once we receive your information, we will review it and get back to you as soon as possible.
The Herbal Academy Writing Team